* Clean your wooden utensils after every use in warm soapy water until all remnants of food are gone. Rinse under warm water, dry with a towel, and allow to air dry before putting them away.
* Rub your wood utensils with food-grade mineral oil once a month (or the oil of your choosing) to keep them looking like new and to avoid fraying or cracking. After application, allow wooden utensil to sit 24 hours before using.
* Do not clean wooden utensils in the dishwasher. The detergent and the heat can cause the wooden utensils to warp, fray, or crack.
* Highly pigmented foods, such as tomato sauce or berries will stain wooden utensils. They are still safe to use.
* Wooden utensils can absorb odors from strong flavors like garlic or oil. Rubbing the surface with the cut side of a halved lemon or with a paste made of baking soda and water can help neutralize the odor.
* To sanitize wood utensils, wash in warm soapy water, rinse, and briefly soak in 50/50 vinegar and water solution.
* Do not soak wooden utensils in water. Excess water will cause your wooden utensil to swell and crack.
Thank you for visiting USAcarvings.com Other Websites You May Enjoy: WoodCarvedTreasures.com - Wood Carved Art Sculpture
Bobbleball.com - Custom Billiard Ball Sets and Pool Table Games Using An Egg Shaped Billiard Ball